Gifts That Reduce Taxes

Gifts That Reduce Taxes

Make an Immediate Gift Through Your IRA

If you are 70½ or older, you may give up to $100,000 using funds from your IRA to IPPFWHR. While you are not entitled to an income tax charitable deduction for the gift, it will count towards your minimum required distribution for the year and you will not have to pay federal income tax on the withdrawn amount.

TO MAKE AN IMMEDIATE GIFT FROM YOUR IRA, please instruct your plan provider to make a direct transfer from your traditional IRA or Roth IRA to:

International Planned Parenthood Federation Western Hemisphere Region
Office of Planned Giving
125 Maiden Lane, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Tax ID 13-1845455

PLEASE CONTACT: Dana Rogers at 212.248.6400 or to let us know about your gift so that we can ensure you receive the appropriate receipt as well as our sincere gratitude.

Gifts By Beneficiary Designation

Naming IPPFWHR as a beneficiary of a retirement plan, life insurance policy, brokerage or bank account is a generous way to support our shared vision for future generations.

Qualified retirement plans and life insurance policies are non-probate assets. This means you can make a gift through a beneficiary designation, even if you don’t have a will. Any remaining amount, or the insurance proceeds, will be distributed to the people and/or organizations you’ve named as beneficiaries.

You can request a Change of Beneficiary Form from your plan administrator and add IPPFWHR as a full or partial beneficiary with the following information:

International Planned Parenthood Federation Western Hemisphere Region
Tax ID Number: 13-1845455

Since we are a tax-exempt organization, 100% of your gift passes to IPPFWHR. Beneficiary designations can be changed at any time and for any reason. We deeply respect your right to do so.

Beneficiaries Your Heirs IPPFWHR
Gift Amount $100,000 $100,000
Income Tax* ($37,000) -0-
Net to Beneficiary $63,000 $100,000
*Based on 2018 maximum income tax rate of 37%.

Many states allow you to name an organization as a beneficiary of almost any financial account: brokerage, savings, checking, credit union savings, etc. As with your retirement plan, you can contact your account administrator for a Change of Beneficiary Form.